Local News

I get most of my local news from listening to Oregon Public Broadcasting on the radio. It isn't the most "local" news I can get, but it works. I greatly appreciate having such constant access to it, though I tend to pay more attention to and care more for national news in NPR segments. OPB and NPR in general are probably my most trusted news source, as I have had most of the things I have learned from them check out under inspection. My second largest source of local news would definitely be friends and family. Most of the time I hear stuff from them I check it out myself though, but it has been pretty solid so far.
I donate 10 dollars a month to OPB. It is the closest I get to paying for any news. It is very much worth it to me for how reliant I am on their reporting in my daily routine.
On a scale of 1-5, 5 being most informed, I would say I am about a 2.5 on local subjects, and a 4 on national news. National news is much more interesting to me, and always feels more overall impactful than local news, even though local news can often directly impact me more readily. I frequently even write papers for classes and such on national issues that I have a passion for. I wrote 4 papers just last term on gun violence and economic inequality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News

Agents of Shield