My Media Diet

A vast majority of my media diet consists of listening to OPB while driving, or sitting around the house. While noticeably left-leaning, they at least maker an attempt at showing stories from all sides, and they do not tend to dramatize or exaggerate most things I have heard from them. On the occasions that I have personally investigated their sources, I have found them to be very reliable.
My second largest source of news is probably Imgur, although that is by no means my intention on the site. While browsing for random humorous things, it is rather frequent that I stumble upon some post or another pertaining to recent news. Invariably, if I find it remotely interesting I will check the provided source, if there is one, and then probe the internet myself using the almighty power of google.
My third largest source is probably word of mouth. While paling in comparison to the amount of news acquired from the other two sources, friends and family are probably my runner up. It has also proven thus far to be my least reliable and accurate news source, unsurprisingly. Maybe 80% of what I learn this way proves true, which is still decent, but worse than my other sources.
I am incredibly concerned about fake news. I have actively taken steps to find reliable sources for information, and even fact check my friends, something I have more than once been called out for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News

Agents of Shield

Local News