It's a Tide ad

Lately I had been seeing an add to put a measure on the Oregon ballot to remove the state's sanctuary status. This ad has been very confusing to me. All it says is that Oregon is currently a sanctuary state, and that "you" can help stop that my signing a petition to get the measure on the ballot. This doesn't seem very effective to me. I feel like the people who would care enough to sign such a thing already know about it, and by not explaining why they consider it to be a bad thing, they don't seem to be trying to make anyone new care. It just feels very redundant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuXWuqG3Ns8

So it isn't exactly new, but I want to talk about that Superbowl Tide ad. I think it is brilliant. It has integrated the idea of clean clothes as a whole throughout the entirety of advertising with Tide. It is funny, it makes you think, and now every time you see a commercial (for a least a little while after watching it) you are going to wonder if this is actually advertising Tide. It's also brilliant in how universal it is. Pretty much everyone needs to do laundry, and thus they need detergent, so having an advertising strategy that links Tide to such a variety of other advertising really broadens the reach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIW3l-ENHdA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News

My Media Diet

Local News